Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:58:06AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> Uhm. You knew that conclusions from that meeting would be likely to
>> contradict the answers from other DPL candidates, but you did nothing to
>> make them aware of this before they had those answers published to a
>> large audience?
>
> I knew nothing about the candiates' answers, no.
>
> I did not use the knowledge to my own advantage, either.

How is using that knowledge to sidestep the question not using it to
your own advantage? We have a situation where several DPL candidates
have voiced support for the release team, only to have an announcement
three days later that flatly contradicts them. Would it not have been
better for Debian if you'd told the other candidates what decision had
been reached?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org