On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:31:44AM +0100, Romain Francoise wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

> > The following people in Debian leadership roles have also expressed
> > their support:

> >   Andreas Schuldei (DPL candidate)
> >   Angus Lees (DPL candidate)
> >   Branden Robinson (DPL candidate)
> >   Jonathan Walther (DPL candidate)

> How exactly is DPL candidate a leadership role?  I can understand that
> the aforementioned people are under the spotlights right now because of
> the election, but it does not qualify as leadership.

> Also, our current DPL isn't listed in the supporters of this plan, does
> it mean that he wasn't consulted?  Or does it mean that he was
> consulted, but disagreed?  If so, may I ask why?

Yes, we did consult Martin as well, and he had some concerns about the
proposal that prevented him from signing on to it as-is.  That's fine;
and many of those concerns are being discussed now in this thread.  I
felt a little silly listing the DPL candidates as supporting it without
also listing the current DPL, but we'd already asked the DPL candidates
about it before Martin got back to us, so I was bound to feel a little
silly either way. ;)

> Joey Schulze, our most active Security Officer, is also missing from the
> list.  Same questions.

I was a dumbass and forgot to send it to him for review like I was
supposed to (sorry, Joey!).  He was originally invited to join us in
Vancouver, but wasn't able to make it; I'm still very much interested in
knowing what his thoughts are on this idea.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer