On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:47:52PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit David Schmitt <david@schmitt.edv-bus.at>
> > On Monday 14 March 2005 12:05, Robert Lemmen wrote:
>
> >> - there must be a way for a scc arch to get a stable release. why don't
> >>   we either keep testing for scc archs but not do releases, so the
> >>   porters can do their own stable releases of their arch or have
> >>   per-arch testing? (the latter might lead to a source package explosion
> >>   i think)
>
> > AFAI can tell, anybody can host an archive of packages built from stable
> > sources for a scc or unofficial port.
>
> "Unofficial" is the word. Essentially you are asking the
> unter-architectures to spilt off and form their own organization
> separate from Debian.

altough maybe the "over-architectures" should instead split off in their own
little corner instead :), since i believe that one thing that defines debian
is his multiple arch support .... wait a minute, we already have ubuntu who
split of into his main-arch-support only corner :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther