Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:

> So far as I can tell, the governing rule in Debian thus far has always
> been that the people doing the work get to make the decisions about
> their corner of the project.  I don't see that that's going to change
> any time soon, and I don't particularly think it should.  This proposal
> seems to be in that spirit, so why not try to address the parts you are
> unhappy with, and keep doing the good work?

Yes, somebody should code a "dak-scc" that implements one of the
proposals to allow a release of SCC arches.  This shouldn't be a fork,
but a development branch, and finally be integrated in our
infrastructure.

I think, however, that the people that do the work currently should
express what they think about these proposals.  It doesn't make much
sense to implement something, of which more experienced people could
easily say in advance that it's not going to work/scale/... *that* way.
Or that it requires changes to the main-arches-dak that they are not
willing to accept.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster