On Monday 14 March 2005 12:05, Robert Lemmen wrote:
> - there must be a way for a scc arch to get a stable release. why don't
>   we either keep testing for scc archs but not do releases, so the
>   porters can do their own stable releases of their arch or have
>   per-arch testing? (the latter might lead to a source package explosion
>   i think)

AFAI can tell, anybody can host an archive of packages built from stable
sources for a scc or unofficial port. And - if I read the conditions on
becoming a fully supported Debian arch right - then having security support
for an external pool of this arch is a good indicator that it should be a
fully supported stable release (amongst other things).

If on the other hand nobody can be found to recompile packages after DSAs are
released for this arch, I believe the arch shouldn't be released for Debian
as stable.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?