Re: Serious kernel problems on new i386 hardware

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:04:55 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Jacob S wrote:
>
> > Which version of the Debian-Installer did you use? We had similar
> > symptoms on a new Dell recently at work and had to grab the latest
> > daily build to get a working version. I can check on the exact date
> > of the daily build we used, if you want.
> On my desk I see only a CD with the hand written text "Sarge RC 2" and
> thus I'm relatively sure I took this one ...
> Are there any traces left in a logfile or something like that which
> contains the exact installer version?

I faintly remember hearing about an installer log, but I don't remember
where to find it. I just checked my docs and the installer we had
problems with was RC2. The daily build we used that worked for us was
from Feb. 23rd. I would assume that newer daily builds would work as
well.

HTH,
Jacob