Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
>> Screwing up in the postrm of a package in Build-Depends is about the
>> worst you can do to the current buildd. It is pretty sure to cripple
>> them all. The inability of buildds to rebuild their chroots from
>> scratch doesn't help. Shit happens, stop whining and improve the
>> buildd. You are welcome to join the alioth project.
>
> I'm not whining, I was looking for *information*.  Despite many people
> pretending to give information, only one person in this thread has
> said, "oh, mail here".
>
> Thomas

I saw the "mail here" message so why should I repeat it? And I'm not
giving you information about what is going on (since that is
impossible and even arch@buildd.debian.org will not give you any I
suspect), I'm giving you information how to prevent it from hapening
again.

You are complaining, like so many before you, about no
information. Part of the multibuild design is/was to make more
information available automatically and to share responcibilities
between many people when the one person fails to act.

Since trying to change certain people to be more responcive has failed
over and over during the last years changing the software to
circumvent such shortcomming intelligently should be tried instead.

MfG
        Goswin