Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2005.bluespice.org> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:13:42PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
> > Do the buildd people read this list?  How do we get this cleaned up?
>
> As far as I can tell you: the m68k buildd people will have noticed that
> problem much earlier than you.
>
> Furthermore, I don't know if that's a problem of the m68k folks, but of that
> XF86 build... there are messages out there that this build (at least on
> i386) is not stripped. No wonder it is way larger than the normal build.
>
> But yes, it's "in" these days to public shout about those slow archs...
> *SIGH*

I'm not complaining about the slow archs, and the m68k buildd failure
will surely be noticed.  It has not, however, been retried.  Why?

I'm asking for *information*.  How do I find out what the plans are?

What about the mips and sparc failures?  The buildd logs look like
FTBFS, even though that's not right; do they read this list?  How does
one find out?  How does one say: "this is blocking my package, can you
give me an estimate on how long it will take?"

I'm not trying to grind an axe or complain, I'm seeking information
and to move the process along expeditiously because it's blocking a
lot more than just an xfree86 upgrade.

Thomas