Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es> writes:

> * Thomas Bushnell BSG [Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:10:57 -0800]:
>
>> ONCE IT'S CLEANED UP, what should I do to get the package rebuilt?
>> Seems to me, I should requeue it.  Nothing else is an advertised or
>> reliable way.  Even the <arch>@buildd.debian.org I'm now told is not
>> reliable.
>
>   Thomas, just apply your best judgement, taking into account two
>   factors, mostly: number of affected arches, and 'heaviness' of your
>   package perhaps. If, e.g., at least half of the arches would need
>   manual intervention, probably re-uploading is ok.

If the package has failed (wanna-build state failed) before the buildd
will not build it again but mail the admin asking if it should or not.

If the package is still in state building a new upload will rebuild
automatically.

So a reupload might not do anything but anoy the admin. Check for
that.

MfG
        Goswin