Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es> writes:

> * Thomas Bushnell BSG [Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:13:42 -0800]:
>
> > Do the buildd people read this list?  How do we get this cleaned up?
>
>   That's not relevant, really. What matters is if they read their logs,
>   and they certainly do. (So, no need to tell buildd admins the obvious,
>   or at least that's what I've learnt in the past.)

The disk full failure is obvious.  The corrupted chroot is not; it
looks like a typical FTBFS bug when it's not.

I'm trying to push things along because this is blocking a bunch of
other builds.

Moreover, because it seems to be extremely difficult to know who
manages which buildd's and get responses from them, I suspect that
once it's cleaned up the fastest way to get my package rebuilt with a
non-corrupted chroot will not be to ask the buildd people to requeue
it, but instead to just do another upload to trigger a recompile.
That sucks, but it is currently the only clear way to get rapid
response out of the buildds: confine yourself to what is automated.

Thomas