Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

* Thomas Bushnell BSG [Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:10:57 -0800]:

> ONCE IT'S CLEANED UP, what should I do to get the package rebuilt?
> Seems to me, I should requeue it.  Nothing else is an advertised or
> reliable way.  Even the <arch>@buildd.debian.org I'm now told is not
> reliable.

  Thomas, just apply your best judgement, taking into account two
  factors, mostly: number of affected arches, and 'heaviness' of your
  package perhaps. If, e.g., at least half of the arches would need
  manual intervention, probably re-uploading is ok.

  OTOH, if the package takes really long to compile and has for example
  been already built in the slowest ones, a request for requeue may be
  worth it.

  Some buildd admin may wish to correct me wrt the above if it's not
  accurate. I'm no buildd person.

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

A lie can go round the world before the truth has got its boots on.
                -- Terry Pratchett