Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> ONCE IT'S CLEANED UP, what should I do to get the package rebuilt?
> Seems to me, I should requeue it.  Nothing else is an advertised or
> reliable way.  Even the <arch>@buildd.debian.org I'm now told is not
> reliable.

Which does bring up a second question.  How do I know when it's been
cleaned up?  I guess I should just assume that once the xfree86 build
completes, it must have been.  I have no other idea; there is no
pseudo-package for bugs, there is no reliable way to contact the
buildd admins.  I think that what I'll have to do is wait until the
xfree86 build completes (which requires me to tediously keep checking,
perhaps until the cows come home), and the requeue.  And if it hasn't
been fixed, requeue daily until it does.

This is surely a wildly pessimal method, but I am frankly stunned that
everybody has nothing better to offer.  I will gladly follow
instructions if there is a bettor method I have not considered.

Thomas