Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ... (Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space])

On 21 Feb 2005 20:54:36 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net>
wrote:
>Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:
>> - security response time (more builds to do)
>
>Which DSAs came out later than they should have because of this
>supposed delay?  Nor could this possibly slow release.

There are rumours that the noticeable multi-week gap last fall when no
DSAs were released at all were caused by some buildd failure on one of
the lesser-userd arches and the security team decided to defer
advisories until security builds could be released for all arches.

I have a dedicated opinion about this time of service the major arches
received during this time, but I do not want to voice it here as I am
only talking about a rumour and I do not want to start yet another
flame war.

Greetings
Marc