Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ... (Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space])

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:15:58AM +0000, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> undisputed:  essentially all users are on i386 clearly dominating all other
> arches, with a fraction of users in maybe two, three, four other arches ---
> and comparitively nobody in the other fringe arches we keep around for no
> good reason. And I still believe it delays our releases.  As you say, there

You can believe in the tooth fairy, too, but it doesn't make it true.  Since
you're trying to convince others to join your tooth fairy worshipping
religion, it might be useful to provide some evidence to back your belief.

I believe we haven't seen any evidence that all our architectures has
delayed any release.  DI was a potential sticking point, but it's already
sorted due to the hard work by the relevant porters while we're still
waiting for other technical issues to work themselves out.

- Matt