From: Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
To: Aurélien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
Cc: debian-release@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:57:18 -0800
On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 05:49:24PM +0100, Aurélien Jarno wrote:
> GTK+2.0 version 2.6.2 has been recently uploaded and it seems to fail to
> build on some buildds because they ran out of space. Currently it is the
> case of sparc, arm and s390 buildds.

> It seems that this is preventing a lot of packages to go to Sarge (even
> if the package is only 2 days old), including gftp for which a security
> alert has just been announced (DSA 686-1). That's mean we definitively
> need to have this new version of GTK+2.0 in Sarge.

> I don't know if the problem with the buildds has been addressed or not,
> but if need, I can build GTK+2.0 on a sparc machine into a fresh Sid
> chroot. Please tell me if you find it could be useful.

Since any security updates for sarge will most certainly be built on the
buildds, we do need to ensure that our buildds can actually handle such a
package.  Do you know how much build space might be saved by disabling the
testsuite for static libs on all architectures, instead of just on the
mipsen?

--
Clint Byrum <cbyrum@spamaps.org>