Re: all new Debian diagram - now with less chaos!

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 08:04:21AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
<snip>

Hi Martin,

> source package: dsc + (diff) + orig.tar.gz
> binary package: deb
> source upload: changes + list of files therein

I added some of this to my diagram. not 100% yet.

<snip>
> nah, we turn software into debian packages by debianising them, and
> then using dpkg-genchanges to create the changes file. Please read
> its manpage, in particular about the -sa, -sd, and -si options to
> see which files the changes file will list.
>
> the upload consists of the source package and the binary package,
> unless the debian revision is greater than 1, in which case the
> orig.tar.gz file is not included.

I added some of this, too.

> > > h. There are more rules as to when packages migrate from unstable to
> > >    testing.
> >
> > ACK. I'm not familar with all possibilities and also not sure how much
> > space it would take to include it. maybe a 'subprocess' box?
>
> you could just say "meets requirements for testing"

<snip>

> > > To get our graphs onto www.debian.org, I assume we file bugs against
> > > that pseudo-package.
> >
> > there is an existing package that could include these? or to make an
> > ITP?
>
> www.debian.org is a pseudo package:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages

I saw this[1]. So the bug would be something like:
"www.debian.org: needs development diagram from package life cycle
(and oh BTW, I have one here[2] and here[3]!)"

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=www.debian.org
[2] http://kmark.pipeline.com/newdebian.png
[2] http://kmark.pipeline.com/newdebian.dia

-Kev

--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||