Re: scripts to download porn in Debian?

Ron Johnson schrieb:
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 12:34 +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:

[-snip-]

And yes, I've already thought of that.  However, I'd rather some
things (URLs, in this case) not be dropped my children's laps,
even though they could be blocked further upstream.

When they start to get curious about such things, let 'em learn about porn the old fashioned way... ;)

Looks like an other round of underestimating children and censorship is coming up.

1. Kids are smarter than most of us think.
When they are not interested in (say porn) they'll ignore it and or complain about it.

2. If they are interested they outsmart most parents anyway[1].

[1] Whena 13 year old starts to ask smart questions about how that
web censor stuff in china works one should think twice about explaining
it or et least get a foot in the door for a share of the money he'll make by selling his classmates anonymizing service.
--
Jetzt will man das Internet nicht einfach ein paar Leuten wie der IETF
überlassen, die wissen, was sie tun. Es ist zu wichtig geworden. - Scott Bradner