Re: rudeness in general

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:21:10PM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
> Public <plonk>ing, unless in response to extreme provocation, is also
> very rude.  If you want to killfile someone, go ahead.  Send them a
> private message, but don't make a scene of it.

I disagree.  There are times when I find it appropriate to announce to
the rest of a discussion that I find somebody's behavior that bad; for
example, to hint a third party (such as an upstream author) that one
person's behavior or impatience isn't shared universally.  I also find
it appropriate to announce when I'm dropping out of a "debate" after
my abuse tolerance is exceeded.

--
Glenn Maynard