Re: System snapshots

|| On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:08:02 +0000
|| Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

>> Such feature would be nice to have in Debian as well.  If you have a
>> very short upgrade window, where one will have to abort and roll back
>> if the upgrade fail, it would be helpful if dpkg would allow you to
>> roll back the upgrade.

as> Seems like a poor reimplementation of a backup system to me. It's
as> independently useful, and gains nothing from being embedded into the
as> package manager, so why stuff it into the package manager?

Well, I think transactions inside of package manager could be good
because if one upgrade fail (mostly in sid environments) you can leave
the all system in bad shape.

as> Personally, I've been use dm-snapshot to cover system upgrades
as> lately...

Sure this works but it's not a snapshot like was suggested at begining
of this thread. This works mostly like a "backup" :-) To me it's
enough.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116