Re: System snapshots

[Otavio Salvador]
> No because some applications doesn't depends only of configuration
> files but data-files. When you purge then, all data files will be
> removed together (in major of times). Another problem is how you can
> revert upgrade processes in database files and like?

RPM have a feature allowing it to do upgrade transactions and rollback
of failed installs, where it will include the data files in the
transaction log.  I read about this in the Linux Journal article
"Transactions and Rollback with RPM" by James Oden,
<URL:http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7034>.

Such feature would be nice to have in Debian as well.  If you have a
very short upgrade window, where one will have to abort and roll back
if the upgrade fail, it would be helpful if dpkg would allow you to
roll back the upgrade.