Re: apt-get should be able to install packages "directly"

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> What we really need is the apt-get extension mentioned here a while
> ago that would allow you to run apt-get on local packages (without
> generating a local repository as described by Michel here).

For those following along at home, this is wishlist bug #47379 (yes,
an oldie but a goodie) against apt.

Don Armstrong

--
Personally, I think my choice in the mostest-superlative-computer wars
has to be the HP-48 series of calculators.  They'll run almost