On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:14:09PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > No, he said "you need to replace them".
> >
> > He also said "cannot".
>
> If they can't put up a few buildd's, I'd hardly call that grounds for
> replacement. We have more pressing issues than setting up buildd's (like
> the security of our systems). And if they don't have the time to do that
> (currently, so consider that their time constraints may change), what
> makes anyone think they'll have time to train someone in doing the
> buildd setups?

That isn't necessary. Before auric was restricted, their help wasn't
needed to do this; an autobuilder admin could do it him/herself.

After all, it's nothing more than "add the SSH key to
~<something>/.ssh/authorized_keys, drop the mail address in
~<something>/.forward-<somethingelse>, and perhaps add the information
to some list of buildd boxes we have to make maintenance of these files
a little easier".

Doing the setup of the buildd machines doesn't require training either;
in the cases at hand, James and Ryan don't even have accounts on the new
machines.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."