On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:27:23AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 05:46:52AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> This has been going on for a long time.  Apparently everything is
>> bottlenecked either by Ryan Murray or by James Troup.  Ingo Juergensmann
>> <ij@spice.cologne.de> can provide plenty of information.

>> This is really an unacceptable situation.

>> I'm asking you, the DPL, to do something about it.  If the current delegates
>> cannot or will not do what they need to do, *you* need to replace them.

> For sure James and Ryan are way too idle and don't have enough work, and
> I'm sure they are easily replaceable. Their job is cake work, and any
> idiot could do it.
[...]

This is completely beside the point. Nathanel was not claiming that
James and Ryan don't have enough work, but that they do have more work
than they can handle and should outsorce some of it by e.g. allowing
the installation of a second mipsel buildd.

I am not at the top of things but the most prominent example in the
last I can think of is qt. It was on top of the mipsel build queue for
a long time and blocked KDE. Nothing happened. (iirc) mrvn built it
manually.
                  cu andreas