Re: ITH: tftpd-hpa and tftpd servers default rootdirs

Jaakko Niemi wrote:

> > In my experience, /tftpboot is pretty standard for this sort of thing.
> > I certainly don't think it belongs under /var/lib...
>
>  Standard according to what?

Established practice.  If you use TFTP to configure networking
equipment, it's likely you are using /tftpboot because that's what the
vendor documentation (for the networking equipment) says.  It's also the
default on some (all?) proprietary UNIX implementations.