Re: Problems to upload

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Andreas Metzler wrote:

But what me *really* concerns is why dput and dupload failed in the
first place.   Especially the hint to "PASSIV MODE" smells like something
has changed to the situation before.
[...]

| dput (0.9.2.15) unstable; urgency=low
|
|   * More verbose error message for ftp uploads. And also use active
|     ftp per default. (Closes: #268489)
| [...]
|  -- Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org>  Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:21:06 +0100
Perhaps this was the reason but I should probably reopen the bug which
claimed more verbose error messages.  The failure was caused because
only passive mode seems to work - at least I was asked by manual ftp-client
to switch to passive mode (I do not know until know what passive excatly
is).  Also dupload caused a passive mode related error message.  In
contrast to this dput just stopped with a Python error.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de