Re: The LCC is a bad idea, but that doesn't mean the LSB doesn't have any issues

Op vr, 17-12-2004 te 01:40 -0800, schreef Steve Langasek:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:03:00AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Indeed; however, IMO excerting the right to modify as defined by the
> > DFSG should never result in the loss of support, or other negative
> > consequences, because in that case you might as well not have it. This
> > type of certification does carry that kind of negative consequence.
>
> But this happens all the time in all kinds of situations

Sure, but that doesn't suddenly make it a good idea.

My point is that there must be a better way to fix this. I would suggest
an alternative, but I do not know what, exactly, it is in the LSB that
makes proprietary developers decide it is not viable.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks