Obfuscated source

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
Imagine a source where all variables are named v<number> and all
functions f<number>. Is that still free? Where do we draw the line?
When does source stop to be bad style and start to become obfuscated
and unacceptable for main?

This has been handled before. Some people strip all comments and unnecessary white space, and make all symbol names meaningless numbers. In general it's done by a program, and they don't actually use that version of the code for their own work. Thus, it's not the preferred source code under the GPL.
So does the driver depend on the firmware and goes to contrib? When does it depend and when suggest?

This is a policy decision outside of the DFSG and the social contract, and we can be flexible about it.

    Thanks

    Bruce