Re: dselect survey

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 12:13:29PM +0100, Florent Rougon wrote:
>   (f) bash dselect 'cause someone else said it was crap

I'll vote for (f) then. I remember very early on in my Debian
experience, reading an email signature here that quoted someone as
saying "dselect has an interface that scares small children".

And I must confess the couple of times I've had an installation process
start dselect for me, I've ended up Control-Cing out since I couldn't
work out how to make it do what I wanted. (I guess this also means (d))
I don't think that's five years ago, but it's probably quite close. ^_^

On the other hand, I don't think I've tried aptitude, or I tried it and
had the same problem.

apt-get and apt-cache are my friends, and I love them for letting me
specify what I want to do in a way that is intuitive to me. Altough I
wish I could tab-complete package names sometimes. ^_^

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.