Re: dselect survey

Gergely Korodi <gergely.korodi@tut.fi> writes:
> From time to time I give a try to aptitude and synaptic, but always recoil
> in horror.  I don't know what the fuss is about aptitude, IMHO it's way
> more complicated to use than dselect, and less clear as well.

Amazing....

I used dselect a lot back in the day (I don't know, like up until 2000
or so?).  It had a clunky but useable interface (though I fully
understand how newbies could get frustrated), and generally worked all
right until there was a problem; however when a problem -- even a minor
one -- cropped up it, resolving it could be a miserable experience.

The current aptitude, by contrast, seems both powerful and elegant: it
rarely gets in my way, deals well with problem situations, and offers
powerful features should I want them (aptitude of years past could also
be kinda cranky though).

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen