Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

Le lundi 13 septembre 2004 à 15:40 +0200, Martin Schulze a écrit :
> A while ago there was a discussion in which it was said that such
> tools are rather useless (or even dangerous) if they don't get their
> database updated in accordance with new viruses/security problems.
>
> Some of these systems are hence not suitable for a stable Debian
> release where updates will only be made for security problems and
> very important bugfixes.
>
> Have you thought about keeping these packages out of sarge or did you
> develop a solution so that users can get their databases updated
> outside of the stable Debian release?

Speaking of stable updates, will you consider, for sarge point releases,
accepting some new upstreams for large packages that are not supported
otherwise, security-speaking?

For example, will you accept new Mozilla upstreams? We have been
shipping woody for a long time with mozilla packages containing known
security holes, maybe we don't want this for sarge.