Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

I wonder if the maintainers of

  . virus scanners
  . spam filters
  . security scanners
  . log analysers
  . intrusion detection systems
  . what I forgot

have made up their mind on how they will update clients that have
installed sarge, once it is released and only barely accepts updates.

A while ago there was a discussion in which it was said that such
tools are rather useless (or even dangerous) if they don't get their
database updated in accordance with new viruses/security problems.

Some of these systems are hence not suitable for a stable Debian
release where updates will only be made for security problems and
very important bugfixes.

Have you thought about keeping these packages out of sarge or did you
develop a solution so that users can get their databases updated
outside of the stable Debian release?

No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book