Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

* Martin Michlmayr:

> Maybe we should just relax the stable update policy for such packages,
> and others which would benefit from regular updates (e.g. drivers).

What about complex packages for which upstream does not provide
security support for the version initially in sarge over the whole
lifetime of sarge?  Backporting is impossible in such cases.

(One problem child has made remarkable progress during the last few
months, though.)