Re: How should stalin be handled on slower architectures?

Florian Weimer wrote:

> Mandatory cross-compilation of Debian packages is the only long-term
> answer to this set of problem because we won't magically get more
> address space or MIPS for legacy and embedded architectures.

A lot of packages don't support full cross-compilation.  I suppose
using distcc or similar will help a bit and not need modification to
packages, though.

Are we at the point yet where emulating a MIPS or m68k on a cheap,
fast machine will go faster than the original hardware?  Maybe the
next m68k or mips buildds might actually an i386...

Cameron.