Re: How should stalin be handled on slower architectures?

* Thomas Bushnell:

> Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:
>
>> For those that don't know, stalin is very demanding on the build host.
>> It consists of one 22MB C file, so it does take a *very* long time to
>> build on older architectures.  Accordingly, I try to be careful to not
>> upload new versions very frequently.
>
> Why not just break it up into pieces and end the problem?

This is not an option.  Compilations of this size will be more common
once GCC supports inter-module analsysis.

Mandatory cross-compilation of Debian packages is the only long-term
answer to this set of problem because we won't magically get more
address space or MIPS for legacy and embedded architectures.