Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 08:30:06PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 23 septembre 2004 à 04:21 +1000, Russell Coker a écrit :
> > At various times people have offered such services for free.  If you are a
> > Debian developer and you are not really unpopular then you can get such
> > things for free.
>
> Yes. If you are a Debian developer.
>
> What if you are just a regular user who wants to send a bug report? Why
> would you have to jump through dozens of hoops just to contact a Debian
> developer?

If you regularly send mail direct-to-MX from a dynamic IP, you better have a
backup account somewhere.  I have my own domain and co-located server and yet
I still have a couple of backup accounts on webmail services.

Using a backup or secondary account to contact someone rather than allowing
them to send direct-to-MX from a dynamic IP hardly qualifies as having to
"jump through dozens of hoops".

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>