Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

Theodore Ts'o dijo [Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 09:49:21AM -0400]:
> The story that I've heard is that the term was coined during the
> U.S. / Mexican war (where the U.S. essentially stole a large part of
> Texas from Mexico at gun-point --- personally, as far as I'm
> concerned, you can have Texas back as long as you take George Bush
> with it :-),

Texas became independent in 1836, so no, the USA didn't take Texas
from Mexico. And we do not want it back ;-) Texas decided to join the
USA on 1845. The border for Texas that was reclaimed was different
from the one Mexico recognized, so that was the motivator for the
war. In the war, Mexico lost California, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah,
Colorado and Arizona.

Greetings from the man who promised not to post on this thread anymore ;-)

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23