Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

Marcelo E. Magallon dijo [Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 03:19:47PM -0600]:
>  FYI, we call the people from USA "estadounidenses".  "Americano" and
>  "norteamericano" are just the influence of TV.  Since those words are
>  too long, the shorter word we use to refer to your folk is "gringo",
>  and since we don't know better, we end up calling Canadians and some
>  Europeans "Gringos", too.
>
>  And by "we" I mean the people in Latin America.  You do us the favor of
>  calling us "latins" or "latinos".  We just return the favor.
>
>  Given that I was born in America, specifically in Santiago, Chile, I'm
>  as American as you are.  Or do you wish to challenge the assertion that
>  Germans are Europeans?

<AOL>
I completely agree with Marcelo's comments.
</AOL>

In Mexico, it is regular to call someone from USA 'americano', but it
does raise eyebrows often. 'gringo' is much more used, although it is
perceived as somewhat denigrant (the tale says it means 'green go',
telling the US soldiers [dressed in green] to go back home).

And yes, I do call myself an American as well.

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23