Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> writes:
>
>> I've only seen a few packages that built on my pbuilder but failed the
>> autobuild for reaseons other than missing dependancies.  (Where a
>> resceduled autobuild would work.)  Most were obvious what the
>> autobuilders problem was.  (/proc not mounted, missing /etc/services)
>
> As it happens, the bbconf bug was triggered by having *more* packages
> installed!

That is quite common. A lot of sources fail if automake / autoconf /
libtool is installed when they don't Build-Depend on it. During build
the package then suddenly runs those commands and messes up.

But that is a bug in the package.

MfG
        Goswin