Re: wishlist: spamhaus SBL+XBL on d.o accounts

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:30:24AM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> It probably isn't in any of them. However, an informal survey of ten people
> who happened to be nearby, when asked "Where would you expect to email a
> Debian Developer about a Debian issue?", produced nine people who said
> "debian.org", and one shrug.

Where in debian.org?  To get the right address, you still have to
look somewhere.  And if you look in the copyright file, the changelog,
or the package metadata, you'll find the address that the maintainer
provided.

> Forget not our users - who are sometimes the sort to follow the obvious
> path, rather than wanting to hunt all over creation. And I know that had I
> phrased the question "Where would you expect to email the maintainer of <X>
> package?" it might have been "the listed email for the package" - but that
> isn't always how the question comes up.

The maintainer of X package can be reached as x@packages.debian.org.
That will also go to the address that the maintainer provided.

Richard Braakman