Re: wishlist: spamhaus SBL+XBL on d.o accounts

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 01:56:58PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Aug 28, Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > > Or at least, *please* allow disabling own's @debian.org address.  I
> > > do not user mine, never did and never will, so all it does is
> > > collect spam.
> > You may not, but people tend to expect to be able to contact Debian
> > Developers through their debian.org address.
> Well, I suppose that after the first time they would learn that this
> is not a valid expectation.
> It's not like my address is hard to find anyway...

 But you, as Debian Developer, your email address is md@debian.org
 within the project.

> > Of course, if you really don't like your debian.org address, why not
> > just discard the email?
> Exactly because some people may try to write there, and I would like
> them to receive a DSA explaining that the address does not exist.

 But the address exists and you're the owner of it. You don't have to
 use it for writing mails, but you should listen to it. People shouldn't
 need to search for any other mail address you have, for easy it could be.

 Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org