Re: ,deb's follow Packages files to mirrors: nuts or what?

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:41:26AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Isn't it nuts that the Packages files get to the mirrors before the
> .debs do?

Not particularly.  I can see you think it's inconvenient for YOU.

> Wouldn't it be right if the Packages files got to the mirrors after
> the .debs they list do?

<shrug> I can't see how it matters one way or the other.  But then again,
I'm sure you're one of those who'll just die if he can't download whatever
he wants, instantly.

> Why don't you guys say anything? Anybody home? Tell me I'm not nuts.

Dan, pretty much because you have a reputation of filing spurious/useless
bugs.

> If the user tries an apt-get during the daily update, he will often
> get lots of errors, and conclude Debian is broken.

Then he concludes that Debian is broken.  The world will hardly end if
there's one less shouldn't-be-using-testing-or-unstable person out there.

Or are you contending that this is a problem for a *release*?

--
 Marc Wilson |     Immanuel doesn't pun, he Kant.
 msw@cox.net |