Re: ,deb's follow Packages files to mirrors: nuts or what?

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 07:08:05PM -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:41:26AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> > Isn't it nuts that the Packages files get to the mirrors before the
> > .debs do?
>
> Not particularly.  I can see you think it's inconvenient for YOU.
>
> > Wouldn't it be right if the Packages files got to the mirrors after
> > the .debs they list do?
>
> <shrug> I can't see how it matters one way or the other.  But then again,
> I'm sure you're one of those who'll just die if he can't download whatever
> he wants, instantly.
>
> > Why don't you guys say anything? Anybody home? Tell me I'm not nuts.
>
> Dan, pretty much because you have a reputation of filing spurious/useless
> bugs.

Maybe so, but this isn't one of them. It isn't about not being able to
get new packages instantly -- the problem is that an apt-get or dselect
(etc) upgrade will FAIL because some packages couldn't be downloaded.

And it's for something like 3 hours every day.

Hamish