Re: ,deb's follow Packages files to mirrors: nuts or what?

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 01:26:48AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:41:26AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be right if the Packages files got to the mirrors after
> > the .debs they list do?
>
> The mirror script I'm using (which I got from maswan, who is running
> ftp.se.debian.org, our upstream) does two rsync rounds.
>
> 1. Update all .debs, don't delete anything.
> 2. Update Packages files and delete all .debs that no longer exists upstream.
>
> This takes care of the problem; I'd be surprised if the other mirrors didn't
> take approximately the same route.

Most mirrors did not do this in the past, I don't know what their current
status is. When I used to maintain a bunch of servers at work I had
to be careful to only do the updates in the morning since in CST6CDT
(the TZ master/ftp-master also use) the archive was broken on all US
mirrors from ~ 2pm-5pm.

Chris