Re: BTS questions - Was: Re: RFC: associate upstream email with every source package

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:10:06PM -0400, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 05:43:02PM -0500, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, I'm not sure that this new "easy to email"
> > functionality is really needed, because upstream developers can achieve
> > the same result by subscribing to bug reports in the PTS.  Or am I
> > missing something?
> Is this functionality actually implemented?  If so, where?  I recall
> a bug on BTS requesting this ("every bug provides a mailing list").
> (And I know there's a client-site polling implementation that
> periodically queries the bugs .. but it doesn't feel Right).

Yes.  For instance go here:

   http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xmltv.html

If you go to the "Subscription" section, you can choose to subscribe to
various type of notification related to the package.

See the documentation here for more details:

   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-resources.en.html#s-pkg-tracking-system

> Also, is there any way to search bugs?  Say, if I don't remember with
> what package something is associated?

I can't answer that, unfortunately.

KEN

--