Re: cdebconf replacing debconf (was: Debconf doesn't scale well -- suggestion)

> Will cdebconf still have that perl dependency,
> or will it be possible to have Debian without
> perl once cdebconf has been established?

Hopefully so; and hopefully the maintainers of
perl-base and debconf would feel neither
slighted nor unappreciated---they are
neither---if Debian's core wanted weaning from
Perl.  Great in its own sphere, the old Perl
camel is neither light nor lean nor clean.

The camel is in the tent.  We like the camel,
but we would like the camel better outside.

--
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road