Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

[Rudi Effe]
> Hi Petter, thank you for informing us about the project - any
> connections to debian-edu?

Not directly.  Debian-edu needs a good installer, so I work on
debian-installer.  debian-installer needs to be put on a CD, so I work
on debian-cd.  debian-cd need a way to order the 15000 packages in
Debian when generating CDs, so I work on popularity-contest.  Besides,
I believe a few of the 15000 packages in Debian are unused and should
be removed, and the only way to detect which packages are unused is to
make sure popcon are as widely used as possible.  I believe the time
between releases are related to the amount of packages in Debian, and
want the package count to go down to speed up the release time.