Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

Rudi Effe <rudi.effe@gmx.de> writes:

> One thing is what packages are installed (>1000 with me) another
> question is what packages are used! Shouldn't one include att's
> accounting that measures the amount of time processes are running?

There is a measure of what programs are used built into
popularity-contest, although it relies on atimes of binaries and doesn't
always do quite the right thing.

> Shouldn't one rate the acitivity on developers' CVS much more? Can a
> project any good if it is not vivid?

I have a program that I use daily that I've not modified in the slightest
in over a year, and that I've modified only to add features requested by
other people in over two years.  Some programs just do what they do well
and don't need to change.