Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 09:02:36AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> make sure popcon are as widely used as possible.  I believe the time
> between releases are related to the amount of packages in Debian, and
> want the package count to go down to speed up the release time.

Nothing wrong with removing unused packages, but I believe that the time
between releases is more dependent on a release process that isn't
scaling to the increase of the archive.  I'd consider giving some
thought at the release process more interesting than just limiting the
growth of the Debian Universe.

But I should stop here: release process is better discussed after sarge
releases.

Ciao,

Enrico