Re: libtiff: 4 left (was: libtiff: only 7 packages left!)

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 02:31:23PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> > >   gandalf         (bug 262831)
> > >   libimager-perl  (bug 262846)
> > >   libtk-img       (bug 262837)

> > These are still outstanding.  In all cases, it appears that simply
> > changing libtiff3g to libtiff4 in debian/control is sufficient.  (I
> > did this and built successfully with pdebuild.)  Maybe these would be
> > good NMU candidates.  I've included the bug numbers for convenience so
> > prospective NMUers don't have to look up the number for their Closes
> > clauses.

> And of course you forgot packages just build-depending on libtiff3g
> where they don't use it anymore. One example is openoffice.org
> (where the builddep was removed in 1.1.2-3)...

Of course, these packages also have a serious bug because they will
FTBFS in unstable.  They are not necessarily candidates for immediate
NMUs, since the testing propagation scripts ignore build-depends and
therefore these packages won't hold up the move of the libtiff fix into
testing.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer