Re: Release update: base and standard frozen

[Wouter Verhelst]
> Well, not really. With the current state of things, not much is
> possible; but the packages /are/ sorted more-or-less in build-depend
> order -- libraries are built first, standard and base are, too.

Ah.  I thought we were talking about the same thing.  I'm talking
about teaching the autobuilders to look at and consider the
build-depends and build-depend-indeps of packages, and make sure to
build the dependencies first if they are present in the build queue.
This would avoid at least a few of the failing kde builds I've seen.

You seem to be talking about the 'section' ordering done by the
autobuilders.  It is as you say 'more-or-less' build-depend order, but
not quite.  And this could be improved. :)

>> Is it also looking at the time since the upload,
>
> No.

Perhaps it should.  That would be a possible improvement too. :)

> http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states

Thanks.  I've read it, and notice several of the possible improvements
I've mentioned are not described there.  So it looks like there _are_
more things the autobuild maintainers can try instead to "adding an
insane amount of new buildd machines".  And these improvements might
even be useful after the release. :)